Posts filed under ‘Tutorials’
Pomegranates are hot in the media because of their rich nutrient content. It’s easy to buy a pomegranate, but once you get home, what do you do with it? Pomegranates are notoriously a huge pain in the booty to peel because the delicate seeds are hidden in a cocoon of thick, fleshy white membrane. Pulling out the seeds is time-consuming and messy. I had a pink speckled face the last time I opened up a pomegranate the traditional way. Now I know better thanks to this guy ↓
Check out this video for a down and dirty seed releasing trick. Then, thank me for finding this handy tutorial
Once you’ve collected all of your seeds, use my recipe below for a tasty and healthy pomegranate snack.
Recipe: Minted Pomegranate (by K. McPhee at lifemindvitamin.com)
1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tbs. lime juice
1) Follow the video instructions to open your pomegranate. Place your seeds in a medium bowl.
2) Wash and finely chop about 1/2 bunch of fresh mint, then add the chopped mint to your bowl of seeds.
2) Drizzle the pomegranate/mint mixture with lime juice.
3) Sprinkle the seeds with the salt, then stir.
4) Voila! Store in refrigerator.