Posts tagged ‘benefits of yoga’
Today I didn’t have yoga and I miss it! Yoga days are my favorite days. I’m looking forward to being more confident in my yoga abilities so that on my off days, I can do a full session at home. There are a few basic-and I mean basic–poses that I can easily do on my own, but it’s just not the same as going to the comfortingly warm and sunny studio in my neighborhood. Also, my yoga instructor is irreplaceable. She knows exactly how to describe a pose so that I get my body alignment just right, and gently encourages me to push a little further than I think I can go so that I get the most out of the position.
When I first decided to sign up, I was planning on only going once a week to keep my budget under control. Once a week turned into twice a week, then three times a week, and now I’m contemplating buying the “unlimited” monthly package so that I can go everyday. Yoga is seriously my new favorite time of the day. Bedtime used to be my favorite time of the day, but now I have more energy…from yoga… so yoga’s my favorite now.
Why do I love yoga so much?
- It clears my always frantic mind and reduces stress.
- It helps me feel relaxed yet energized.
- My flexibility is improving.
- The chronic muscle tension in my neck and shoulders (where I carry stress) is easing up.
- I enjoy the open and caring sense of community in my classes-maybe I’ll make new friends!
- Oh, and getting great abs and a cute butt doesn’t hurt either!
I love yoga so much now, that I’m actually looking forward to getting up at 6:00 am on a Saturday for class tomorrow!